Mini City Guide – Antalya 💛
After a wonderful week in this beautiful region I wanted to put together a Mini City Guide for you all. With the holidays not so far away I might be able to sway you to choose Antalya as your holiday hot spot this year.
One word of warning though, if you are planning on visiting this Summer, this part of Turkey does get extremely hot & humid in July & August. Personally it doesn’t bother me or my kids. It gives us more excuse to spend every second of the day in the sea or swimming pool cooling off!
Everywhere around the city is very geared up for the heat too, so lots of huge malls, hotels, trendy restaurants and cafes to cool off in. But if heat isn’t your thing might be best to visit at Easter or Christmas time.
My favourite Hotels-
Best Hotel with kids –
– Barut Lara Resort – this is a Turkish family owned chain of hotels. They do everything very well, so their hotels are of a five star standard. The Barut Lara Resort is located in the Kundu region of Antalya famous for its large all inclusive resorts. My boys enjoyed this hotel immensely. Great food, superb sandy beach and a good kids club to keep the little ones busy.
Best Hotels without kids –
– The Marmara Antalya – This is a very good Turkish chain of hotels, which also has a branch in New York. A modern city centre hotel set high up on the ‘falez’ cliffs. Offering a huge outdoor pool amd access to the sea from a large well equipped deck. It doesn’t have a beach however, so not best for those with young kids.
– Akra Barut – A beautiful hotel located in a fantastic location with great views of the sea & mountains. Has a lovely Spa, a part of the LifeCo Spa group.
My favourite Restaurants-
– Big Chefs Antalya – A trendy chain of restaurants offering large portions of yummy international and Turkish dishes. My favourite dish is the smoked salmon & avocado wrap, washed down with a giant frozen Margarita!
– Kazan – If you are looking for a traditional Turkish kebab filled meal, yummy mezes and Raki this is the place to come.
– Big Man Lara – Another family favourite, delicious international dishes and drinks, with a view to die for!
– Ramiz Kofte – A very affordable and traditional semi fast food restaurant. My boys adore the meat balls served in pitta bread and I think their salad bar is the healthiest and most scrumptious thing ever!
My favourite Malls-
– Terracity – A huge mall, offering a great selection of affordable, and not so affordable shops. It has a great Starbucks with a huge terrace, and a giant food court offering everything you ever need.
Best places to visit with kids-
– The Antalya Museum -My favourite place, so special it has its own post in my blog!
– Antalya Aquarium – kids love the fish, I love the cool quiet surroundings! A nice day out.